Defending the virtues of liberty, free markets, and civilization... plus some commentary on the passing scene.

Freedom's Fidelity

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

The Kerry Crash Continues

Dick Morris has postulated on a few occassions that some Democrats want Kerry to lose as a neccessary condition to set up a Hillary for President run in 2008. As interesting as it sounds I don't give the theory much credence, but then I look at how the Kerry campaign has been mis-managed over the last month or so and I start to have questions. Then I read things like this and wonder if they didn't somehow get John Kerry to actually join the conspiracy, here's what Kerry had to say as he campaigned in Pennsylvania yesterday:
"Everybody told me, 'God, if you're coming to Canonsburg, you've got to find time to go to Toy's, and he'll take care of you,'" Mr. Kerry said, dropping the name of a restaurant his motorcade had passed on the way in. "I understand it's my kind of place, because you don't have to - you know, when they give you the menu, I'm always struggling: Ah, what do you want?

"He just gives you what he's got, right?" Mr. Kerry added, continuing steadily off a gangplank of his own making: "And you don't have to worry, it's whatever he's cooked up that day. And I think that's the way it ought to work, for confused people like me who can't make up our minds."
The Republicans spent the better part of their convention painting Kerry as flip-flopper and he offers up made for sound bite campaign fodder like this? Is anyone managing this campaign?


Site 



                                                                                                                                                                             Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
Pauls234@sbcglobal.net