Defending the virtues of liberty, free markets, and civilization... plus some commentary on the passing scene.

Freedom's Fidelity

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

An interview with Dennis Miller

I've always enjoyed his comedy and rants, I even liked him as an announcer on Monday Night Football. He's got a new show starting January 26 on CNBC, here's part of what he had to say in an interview with Time Magazine:
Q: Your politics have drifted right in recent years. How come?
A: I'm left on a lot of things. If two gay guys want to get married, I could care less. If a nut case from overseas wants to blow up their wedding, that's when I'm right. (Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me.

Q: Who in politics inspires you?
A: George Bush. He's been dealt an amazingly heavy hand of cards here, and I think he's doing his best ... Bush had the balls to start something that's not gonna be finished in his lifetime. The liquidation of terrorism is not gonna happen for a long time. But to take the first step? Ballsy.

Q: Explain how the war in Iraq makes sense to you as a response to 9/11.
A: Like there's no chance that the secular state of Iraq and Islamic fundamentalists cohabitate? They both think we're Satan. How about that as a nice point of departure for them car-pooling? I wish there was a country called al-Qaedia that we could have invaded, but there wasn't. (Saddam was) the only one who had a home address.
I think it is often overlooked, especially by the rank and file of his political opponents, how well of a job Bush is doing especially considering the circumstances he was dealt. More on this later.

I'm looking forward to Dennis Miller's new show.

Site 



                                                                                                                                                                             Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
Pauls234@sbcglobal.net