Defending the virtues of liberty, free markets, and civilization... plus some commentary on the passing scene.

Freedom's Fidelity

Friday, August 22, 2003

Da Coach! I've lived in Chicago and suburbs my whole life, but I'm a Packer fan. My dad was born a few miles from Lambeau Field and my mom grew up in Janesville, WI. I was named after Paul Hornung and I knew who Vince Lombardi was before I knew what football was. I was raised to hate the Bears, and I did, but I love Mike Ditka. Yeah, I had no good feelings when he was kickin my team's ass through the 80's but you can't be a true football fan and not love Ditka. So, like I said, I love Mike Ditka, and reading this report only reinforces the feeling:
Ditka aid: According to the Las Vegas Sun, Mike Ditka was dining with friends at the MGM Grand when he noticed four soldiers having dinner in the same restaurant. They struck up a conversation, and when Ditka learned they had recently returned from the war in Iraq, he gave each of them a $1,000 chip to gamble and bought their dinner.

Way to go Mike!

Site 



                                                                                                                                                                             Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
Pauls234@sbcglobal.net